During this time when you are so happy and so eagerly looking forward to your wedding, you want nothing more than to share it with the people closest to you. The most popular way to honor friends and loved ones is to include them in your wedding party. For brides and grooms, there can be nothing better than the feeling of having those closest to you at you side on one of the most important days of your life. However, sometimes things don't always work out the way you may hope. We're here to tell you that's absolutely ok. Here are a few tips to keep in mind.
- You do not need to have an equal number of guys to girls.
- You do not need a maid of honor or a best man. You can have two! You can skip the idea all together. It's silly to only pick one if it goes against the nature of your relationships.
- Don't stress about dress! Girls do not need to wear the same gown to look uniform. We've seen bridesmaids adorned in different hues of the same color, different style dresses, or even different shoes and accessories to individualize their looks. You can honor your bridesmaids' personalities and still have a clean look without going for identical dresses.
- It's ok to not have a wedding party at all. This is especially true for smaller guest lists.
- Remember how expensive it can be to be a bridesmaid or a groomsman. Try and be considerate of the choices you make and how they will effect the wallets of your friends. Keep in mind that your friends want to celebrate you, but not at the risk of going into debt.
- Show your appreciation. It is a nice gesture to give a gift the morning of the wedding. It will guarantee happy spirits for the day!
Do you have a question that wasn't answered here? Ask us in the comments section below!