Yes, your wedding day is all about you, but what's a wedding without the people that mean the most to you?! This is why saying "thank you" is really important! Living the newlywed life is so exciting, and there are probably a million other things you'd rather be doing, which is why we're here to lend a hand. Here are some tips to hopefully help make the thank you card process easy and painless!
- Prep for sending thank you notes when you form your guest list. Leave space on your guest list for address, RSVP, gifts received and a place to check off if you've sent a thank you.
- Stock up on stationary, envelops, and stamps so you can thank yourself later.
- Remember that every gift deserves a thank you note. This includes engagement gifts, shower gifts, bachelor and bachelorette gifts, and wedding gifts. Now you see why we said to stock up...
- Don't wait. Make an effort to start writing thank you notes as you receive gifts, because you will receive them before and after the wedding.
- Personalize notes by writing what the gift was and how you plan to use it.
- Always remember to thank your guests for sharing in this exciting time. It makes for a great ending to your note!
- Even if you don't like the gift, focus on the positive, like the thoughtfulness behind the awful hand towels.
- For group gifts, it's polite to send a note to each individual.
- Save time and ink by getting personalized cards made with the beginning of your note already written. Just a personal line or two is all you'll need!